Did you know that the average person’s skin covers an area of up to two square metres and represents approximately 15% of our weight? The skin is the system by which the body communicates with the environment, the memory bank that accompanies our growth, the mechanical boundary between the external and internal environment and also the gateway to our body, which is always open wide. Therefore, it is important that the skin stays healthy.
The skin is the mirror of our body – it is through it that imbalances on both a physical and psychological level manifest themselves most often. Even though, many of us don’t pay nearly enough attention to keep our skin healthy as we should. So let’s take a moment to remind ourselves how our largest organ actually works.
The skin consists of three main functional layers:
- The epidermis is the visible outer layer of the skin that we can touch. It contains the primary protective structure and makes up the majority of the skin and provides us with physical protection from toxins, bacteria and water loss. It consists of a combination of elastic fibres with materials known as glycosaminoglycans, which are able to retain large amounts of water, keeping the skin taut and restoring it after stretching.
- The dermis is the thick, elastic and strong middle layer of the skin made up of two thinner layers that support and strengthen the epidermis. Its main building blocks are the connective fibres of collagen and elastin, which provide strength and elasticity and are essential ingredients for healthy and youthful-looking skin. The dermis is thickest at the surfaces that experience friction, such as the heels of the feet, and it is thinnest on the eyelids.
- The hypodermis is the subcutaneous tissue and the lowest layer of the skin. As a layer of fat under the dermis it stores energy, provides nutrients to the other two layers of skin, cushions and insulates the body. It contains fat cells, collagen fibres and blood vessels.
The superpowers of the skin
Healthy skin is essential to our overall health and sense of well-being. One of the main functions of the skin is that of protection. Thus its mission is to protect us from external influences, mechanical, thermal and physical injuries and dangerous substances. The many superpowers of the skin also include:
- temperature control
- hydration and prevention of water loss
- vitamin D production
- detoxification of the organism
- metabolic activity
- detection of infections
- immunological activity
- reducing the harmful effects of UV radiation
- touch and perception of sensations
Last but not least, healthy skin plays a very important role in a person’s psyche and directly influences our self-esteem, mental state of mind, satisfaction and how we feel about ourselves in general.
The skin is constantly recording information, and most of what ends up on the surface of the skin ends up inside of us. Therefore, it is very important to pay due attention to it and take care of optimal skin health.
CBDium SKIN line
While the phytocannabinoids in the CBD oils and therapies strengthen the endocannabinoid system from the inside, it is optimal to strengthen its effects from the outside as well. By doing so, we can address imbalances in the body from all sides with maximum regenerative efficiency while improving the function of the pores and skin follicles. With the balm and ointment essences containing our finest hemp extracts, we want to introduce another, more profound level of skin care that your body will be thankful for.
Our new CBDium SKIN care line currently offers two products: a gentle revitalising balm and a rich healing ointment. Both products contain CBDium essences in conjunction with valuable phytocannabinoids and extracts from the flowers of the cannabis plant (exclusively in organic quality), and their ingredients are processed under certified laboratory conditions.
Light revitalising hemp cream with moisturizing and revitalising properties is suitable for daily care of the skin on the face and body. This universal balm with the main active ingredient CBDium 500 Fullspectrum is suitable for all skin types. The used hemp oil also contains important amino acids and unsaturated fatty acids and it is another valuable supplement with an extremely nutritious recipe, which is enriched with other valuable plant extracts from olives, sesame and sunflower seeds.
After applying the balm, it forms a soft protective layer that prevents dryness and has a alleviating effect even on for your busiest days. It is also pleasantly warm and improves the skin’s ability to regenerate and is generally beneficial for the body and the mind.
The intensive hemp ointment made by hand containing the CBDium 1000 Fullspectrum extract is designed to support the treatment of chronic skin diseases and painful injuries, as well as to alleviate joint and muscle pain. The healing ointment with antibacterial, antimycotic and antifungal effects initiates faster skin regeneration thanks to the cannabinoids and at the same time actively and abundantly lubricates thanks to the high quality ointment base.
The ointment essence can promote healing of bruises, abrasions and burns of the first degree, but also chronic skin diseases such as atopic eczema, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, acne, rosacea, psoriasis and herpetic diseases. It helps to regenerate bedsores, varicose veins and mosquito bites and also provides pain relief. It envelops the affected area like a scab would, under which the healing process can take place undisturbed. The ointment is applicable to all types of skin diseases and injuries, with the exception of using it on open and bleeding wounds.
Both of these products from the new CBDium SKIN line are filled into containers made of pharmaceutical-grade recyclable plastic. By using pharmaceutical grade packaging, we protect the quality of the product itself, your health, and the environment as well, since it is a recyclable plastic.
We hope that through this blog you can gain a better understanding of the effects of CBD on the skin and how we can provide it with everything necessary to nourish and regenerate it by using the phytocannabinoid method. If you have any questions, concerns or comments that you would like to share with us, please, email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to advise you and help you choose the most suitable SKIN line or HUMAN line alternative for you.